City Services

For after hours emergency assistance contact the Elgin Police Department at 512-285-5757.
  1. Alerts

    Sign up to receive announcements of important information (e.g., warnings of natural disasters, burn ban updates, etc) sent to you through email.

  2. Animal Control

    Contact the Elgin Police Department to dispatch the Animal Control Officer. 512-285-5757

  3. Building, Sign, Remodel Permits

    For all construction permits including new construction, remodel and additions, and sign permits, contact the Planning and Development Department.

  4. Code Enforcement

    Contact the Code Enforcement department to report code violations or request inspections for remodels and additions. 512-281-0119

  5. Emergency Services

    Find a list of groups that provide emergency services for the Elgin Area.

  6. House / Vacation Watch

    The Elgin Police Department is able to provide a house watch for you during times you are away for vacation or other extended periods of time.

  7. Municipal Court

    You can pay traffic tickets phone, check/money order, or online.

  8. Online Payments

    View available bills to be paid online.

  9. Police Department

  10. Trash / Recycling / Bulk Trash

    To request assistance with trash and recycling or schedule a bulk trash pick up, contact the Utility Billing Department. 512-281-5724

  11. Water & Trash Service

    Find information about utility billing and payments, application for new/transferred utility services, meter reading, meter issues regarding readings, commercial and residential garbage services, including recycling and bulk pickup.

  12. Water / Wastewater Taps

    To request water and sewer taps for new service or report water line breaks and sewer back-ups contact the Utilities Department. 512-281-0119

  13. Request Tracker

    Use this feature to report issues or request repairs and maintenance by the various City Departments. Public Works, Code Enforcement, Utilities, and Parks