Apply For

  1. Alarm Permit

    The City of Elgin requires by the Alarm Permit Ordinance that all alarms (both business and residential) be permitted.

  2. Building Permit

    Find permits and application forms from the Planning Department.

  3. Beer & Alcohol Permit

    Beer and alcohol permits must be obtained from the City Secretary.

  4. Business Incentives / Assistance

    The Elgin Economic Development Corporation, EDC, offers Façade Improvement Grant and Historic District Revitalization Mega Grant programs. A Mega Grant is also available for small businesses outside the Historic District.

  5. Changes to My Property

    See Planning and Development for forms and additional information about making changes to your property.

  6. Disconnect Utility Services

    Contact Utility Billing to disconnect utility services.

  7. Employment / Jobs

    Locate your perfect job by searching through available employment opportunities.

  8. Sign Permit

    Commercially zoned property must apply for a sign permit.

  9. New Water Service

    New service can now be applied for online.

  10. Transfer Existing Water Service

    Disconnection requests must be made in writing to the Utility Billing Department.

  11. Variance / Special Exception (PDF)

    View and download the Variance/Special Exemption Application and instructions.

  12. Vendor at Hogeye Festival

    Find vendor applications and related forms for participation in the Hogeye festival.

  13. Volunteer for a Board Position

    Volunteering to serve on one of the many boards, committees, or commissions is a great way to serve the community and become a part of its future.

  14. Vendor & Solicitor Permit

    Solicitors or Vendors must complete a permit through the Elgin Police Department.