City Secretary

Location & Responsibilities

The office of the City Secretary is located in City Hall. The Secretary is responsible for the following information, services and licenses: 

  • Alcoholic Beverage Sales, Pool Table and Video Arcade License
  • City Council Agendas and Minutes
  • Community Boards & Commissions
  • Local Election Filing
  • Ordinances and corresponding applications
  • Posting public notices
  • Proclamations
  • Public Records Requests
  • Resolutions
  • Solicitor / Vendor Permits 
    • Begin the application process at the Police Department
    • Receive certificate and make payment at the Secretary's Office

Contact the City Secretary for assistance by email

Serve on a Community Board or Committee

Non-profit Funding Application Packet

The City of Elgin is accepting Non-Profit Funding Applications for the FY 2017-2018 Annual Budget. All Non-Profits in the community must complete their application packets and return them by noon on May 15, 2017 to the City Secretary at Elgin City Hall, 310 N Main St. Application packets may be found on the City of Elgin website or picked up at Elgin City Hall.