Solicitor / Vendor Permit Application

ATTENTION: Solicitor’s permits and renewals are on hold until further notice due to COVID19. Please check here for updates. 

Solicitor/Vendor Permits Application Process
Download Application

Procedure for Solicitors, Peddlers, Vendors to receive a permit:

1. Application form and photo identification are required for a background check of each individual contractor. Complete the Permit Application and bring to the Police Department located at 202 Depot St.

2. Surety bond for the company in the penal sum amount of $1,000.00 is required along with the approved application forms before the permits are issued.

3. Permits and ID cards are issued to the individual contractors by the City Secretary at City Hall, 310 N. Main St., for a fee of $30.00 for a 6 month permit, or $60.00 for a 12 month permit.

***Utility and Energy companies are exempt from permit fees, but must still proceed with background checks and approvals for the safety of our community.

Note: Incomplete application packages will not be accepted under any circumstances. 

For additional information or questions, please contact the City Secretary's Office.

Contact Us

  1. Amelia Sanchez
    City Secretary

    310 N Main Street
    P.O. Box 591
    Elgin, TX 78621

    Phone: 512-229-3222
    Fax: 512-285-3016

    Hours of Operation

    Monday - Friday
    8:00 AM - 5:00 PM

    Staff Directory