Alcoholic Beverage & Solicitor Permit

The City Secretary's Office is responsible for the issuance of certain permits and licenses for various operations within the City of Elgin, including alcoholic beverage licenses, and solicitor/vendor permits.


Solicitor/Vendor Permits

  1. Review FAQ here
  2. Follow instructions for criminal history record and fingerprint appointment here
  3. View Article 8.04 Peddlers, Solicitors and Vendors here
  4. Download form here. Print and fill out. Once all documents are complete, turn in at Police Department
  5. The City Secretary will issue the permit if all the requirements are met.

Alcoholic Beverage Application

  1. Contact the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission (TABC) and obtain a TABC Permit.
  2. Bring a copy of the TABC Permit and payment for a City Permit to the City Secretary.
  3. The City fee is one-half of the state fee.
    • Payments are accepted in cash, money orders, checks, credit or debit card (convenience fee).
  4. The City Secretary will issue the City permit if all requirements are met.
  5. Please display the City Permit and the State permit at the place of business.

Note: Incomplete application packages will not be accepted under any circumstances. 

For additional information or questions, please contact the City Secretary's Office.

Contact Us

  1. Jennifer Stubbs 

    City Secretary


    310 N Main Street

    P.O. Box 591

    Elgin, TX 78621

    Phone: 512-229-3222

    Hours of Operation

    Monday - Friday

    8:00 AM - 5:00 PM

    Staff Directory