Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
View All Calendars is the default. Choose Select a Calendar to view a specific calendar. Subscribe to calendar notifications by clicking on the Notify Me® button, and you will automatically be alerted about the latest events in our community.
April 9, 2019, 2:00 PM - 3:30 PM @ Elgin Public Library Meeting Room
Adult reading group meeting to discuss an assigned title. Group shares input on the monthly reading list.
April 9, 2019, 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM @ Elgin Recreational Center
WHAT WE WILL DO:
- Come up with new ideas for Parks & Rec events and activities that cater specifically to teens
- Work as a team to turn ideas in to workable events including: budget, itinerary, scheduling and supplies
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Motivated, responsible teens/young adults who are interested in helping Parks & Rec create content
- Must be organized and creative
- Must be able to meet for 2 hours twice a month and more often as events approach
- Full participation (ideas, advertising, etc)
- Good attendance at events and meets
- Good conduct outside of Parks & Rec events/meetings and at them
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU:
- Community service hours
- Reference letters (if applicable)
- Community involvement and the ability to make a difference
- Experience planning events and working with budgets
- Experience working with a government department
- High School or home school students aged 14-18
TO APPLY EMAIL PARKS@CI.EL