Elgin Recreation Center
This facility is an outstanding accomplishment for the community of Elgin. Considering our population and demographic this facility is years ahead of its time and the programs run here are some of our proudest achievements. We strive to manage these items to the best of our ability and provide a product that the community can take pride in.
Our Recreation Center is not only a great place to come and play basketball or take a fitness class, but it is also an Emergency Shelter and Rental Facility. For more information about the classes, amenities, rental options or anything else relating to the Elgin Parks & Recreation Department, please call 512-285-6434.
- Full sized basketball court with 6 basket ball hoops
- Optional volleyball net for use in gym - full court and half court options available.
- Hard wood multi purpose room
- Fitness weight room
- Variety of stand alone equipment
- Projector and Speakers for Online Classes
- Industrial Kitchen (Temporarily Closed)
- Bathrooms, Showers and Lockers available. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Monday - Friday 6:00AM - 8:00PM
- Saturday 8:00AM - 8:00PM
- Sunday 12:00PM - 8:00PM @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
Day use fees:
- Children 0 - 5 years old: Free
- Anyone 6 years and up: $5.00
- ERC Members: Free with barcode @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Facility use on a first come, first served basis
- Limited use of Basketball Gym: Up to 20 people, full court
- Limited use of Weight Room: Up to 8 people
- Limited use of Studio: Up to 15 people including private rentals and fitness classes
- Basketball Gym Unavailable between 8AM - 10AM Monday - Friday for basketball use - Program Use Only
- Check Recreation Center Calendar for available times in each space. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Everyone must wear face coverings in a public areas such as the entrance way, hallways, restrooms
- Water Fountains are closed - Water bottle filling station open. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
Assumption of Risk and Waiver of Liability
The novel coronavirus, COVID-19, has been declared a worldwide pandemic by the World Health Organization. COVID-19 is extremely contagious and is believed to spread mainly from person-to-person contact. As a result, federal, state and local governments, and federal and state health agencies recommend social distancing and have, in many locations, prohibited the congregation of large groups of people. The City of Elgin Parks & Recreation Department has created new protocols and put in place preventative measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19; however the City of Elgin Parks & Recreation cannot guarantee that you will not become exposed to or infected with COVID-19 by entering upon and using City of Elgin premises.
I acknowledge the contagious nature of COVID-19 and voluntarily assume the risk that I may be exposed to or infected by COVID-19 by enter upon and using City of Elgin premises, and that such exposure or infection may result in personal injury, illness, permanent disability, and/or death. I understand that the risk of becoming exposed to or infected by COVID-19 may result from the actions, omissions, or negligence of myself and other, including, but not limited to, City of Elgin employees, volunteers, and others entering upon and using City of Elgin premises. I voluntarily agree to assume all of the foregoing risks and accept sole responsibility for any injury to myself or my child(ren) including, but not limited to, personal injury, disability, death, illness, damage, loss, claim, liability or expense of any kind that I may experience or incur in connection with my entering upon and using City of Elgin premises. On my behalf, and on behalf of my child(ren), I hereby release, covenant not to sue, discharge, and hold harmless the City of Elgin and their officials, employees, agents and representatives, from and against any and all liability, claims, demands, actions, causes of action, damages, and expenses arising or in any way related to my entrance upon and use of City of Elgin premises. I understand and agree that this release and covenant not to sue includes, but is not limited to, any claims related to COVID-19 based on the actions, omissions, or negligence of City of Elgin or their officials, employees, agents and representatives, whether a COVID-19 infection occurs before, during or after my entrance upon and use of City of Elgin premises.